There are ample opportunities available for candidates who possess an engineering degree in computer science. Systems administration, systems analysis, programming, database administration, networking and maintenance are some of the specialisations that an engineer in computer science could masters and find excellent job openings.After completing the course gradates would be able solve industry’s technological problems. Course Designs students to be expert engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs who will be taking care of technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry. They can opt for higher studies in engineering or management. Also build up their career in teaching or research work.
COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Scope of Employment
Computer software engineers apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software systems. The tasks performed by these workers evolve quickly, reflecting new areas of specialisation or changes in technology, as well as the preferences and practices of employers.career in teaching or research work.
- Oracle Lab
- CISCO Lab
- IBM Lab
- Research & Development Lab
- Basic Computing Lab
- Computing Lab
- Networking Lab
- Data Processing Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- High Performance Computing Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Project Lab
- After XII (1st Year )
Physics + Maths + Chemistry + (Bio/ Computer/Hindi) with Min. 50% (45 % for SC/ST/OBC) in 12th with qualified rank in IIT- JEE
- Direct Admission/Lateral Entry (2nd Year)
1. Min. 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC) in 12th & Diploma in Engg.
2. With at least 60% in B. Sc (with Maths)
- Seats – 120
COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING
ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Head of The Department
Prof. Deepak Jain, has Master of Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering from Trupati Balaji Institute of Engineering & Information Technology (TRUBA), Bhopal and Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Trupati Balaji Institute of Engineering & Information Technology (TRUBA), Bhopal. He joined as Asst. Professor at JNCT, Bhopal where he is teaching since 2007. Prof. Jain has participated and contributed in many Technical Workshops, Seminars and Conferences which had been organized by RGPV, Bhopal, LNCT and JNCT, Bhopal. He is a lifetime member of ISTE.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
The Computer Science and Engineering Department was established in the year 2003 with inception of the college Jai Narain College of Technology. This is a growing department with an outstanding faculty, keeping pace with the rapid proliferation of, and advances in, computing and information technology. The students are encouraged to undertake projects in collaboration with various industries and are also sent for training in industries. It is evident from the Training Placement records of past year that both faculty and students have been working in synchronization to take the department to heights of academic excellence. Apart from technical excellence students have also achieved success in sports and cultural area.
Programs Offered by the Department
- Lecture Halls, Class Rooms, Seminar Hall and Departmental Library are key features.
- 11 LABS on different subjects like CP, Software Engg., DBMS, OOPS, Graphics & Multimedia and Major Project lab.Total No. of Computer Systems in the dept. are 300 approx. All laboratories are equipped with latest CORE 2 DUO Computers, scanners, printers.
- Internet Facility: Internet Access is made available in all machines in Project Lab and is well secured behind Firewall .The entire College campus is WiFi enabled. Online study materials are available on an e-learning server Course materials available under NPTEL (National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning) by 7 IIT’s & IISc.
- Department Library: The library has many journals and books available in the department. Allthe major software packages are available for study.
- Faculty & Supporting Staff Details:Faculty Student Ratio is 1: 11.5. Avg. Academic Experience of faculty is 4 Years. Faculty participates in various activities like Departmental Library, Time Table Scheduling, Project work, Planning & Development – Amenities.
- Teaching:Learning methodology -Faculty members prepare LESSON PLAN and maintain COURSE FILE for the subjects handled. LCD projectors are actively used both in the classroom and in Laboratory. Feedback from the students is obtained in very semester to make the teaching-learning process effective. Guest lectures are organized for the students by Industry Representatives, Research Scholars and Academicians on topics of current interest
- Value Added Training: Various value added training programs are organized by Web Makers Mozila Community, CMC Pvt.Ltd. to update students of the latest trends in the field of Computer Science.
- Co-Curricular Activities & Extra-curricular Activities: The students have participated in Inter College Competitions held at state level and National Level and brought laurels for the college.